Sunday, October 21, 2007

Family. A word so powerful, and yet so overlooked these days. The meaning of the word is individualistic, definitions would vary from person to person, and many different definitions would be precipitated. It's a personal thing, a bund formed at birth that you have no control over. I would not trade my family for anything, and although i don't always show it, they mean the world to me. I stand firm on the ideology that family comes before all. To coexist in a functioning healthy family one must makes sacrafices and be sacraficed for, longing to only please those you love most. Love and family must therefore coencide to produce any healthy "relationship", and with this love ( as it is with any love) you must give up things. You must set a side personal agendas to meet the needs of the family. No distance, heights, nor depths can seperate the undieing love of a family. A family longs to be a part of eachothers lifes, participating in events and milestones, overcoming trials and tribulations to stand and support those you love. This to me is my individual definition of family. I thank my parents for instilling these values in me, and I hope to further establish them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what prompted this line of thought?

amanda said...

does that mean you are coming out here soon? Your nephews would love it...
amanda

David and Casey said...

Wow Ben! I think you've said just about what any of us feel, but couldn't put it into words. Family is possibly the greatest gift God could have given us, hold on to that. Love, Casey